- More decisions by fish and game will be made on June 6th to determine if any changes need to be made to the regulations. So stay tuned. Here is the official fish and game update page for Chinook Salmon information – https://idfg.idaho.gov/blog/2018/05/clearwater-regions-weekly-chinook-salmon-update-53018
- New – My first book published in March of 2018
- Idaho’s Salmon River Chronicles
- – Reflections of a River Guide – Gary Lane’s Oar LoreAmazon ReviewAmazon customer:“Those of us who have run rivers with Gary know him to be a superb yarn spinner while around a campfire and while floating down Western waterways. This book is part biography, part compendium of river lore, and part call for an ecologically minded effort to enjoy and preserve all the grandeur of our natural wilderness. This volume will appeal to those who know Gary but also to those who haven’t yet had the pleasure of befriending and learning from one of the most interesting guys you’ll ever meet, on or off the river. There’s a lot here to enjoy.”
Available: signed copies at our shop, and/or kindle version or paperback at Amazon
2018 River Trip Offerings
Lower Salmon River
The river peaked at 69800 cfs on May 26 at 10:30am
Normal runs from half day to 5 days. See price list.
Various Theme Trips
Salmon Season: April 28 until closing (when IDF& G determines later).
Rates: $195 per person full day; $120 half day. Kids under 12 half price.
Note about Salmon Season:
Since the Salmon River has now peaked it is dropping quite rapidly (43300cfs as I write today). This means fish will soon arrive in our area so now is the time to book your trip.
- The harvest share this year will be less than 900 Chinook. Only the 1999 season had less harvest share for fishermen, so this will not be a banner year. However, lower run numbers of fish usually translates to less fisherman. But the good side is that less fishermen mean more fish for the folks that actually show up. So don’t let a little math spoil your plans.
- The season will be open 7 days a week and the daily limit is 4 fish, only 2 of which can be adults.
- Here is the fish and game official info page on Chinook Salmon info-
- No Oregon Trips this year. Sorry.
Links to favorite places, people, and cool stuff:
www.MountainAngels.com – This is a site to a long-time-ago river friend and his creative silversmith art, along with other cool stuff. His Campfire Tales and River Songs with Johnny Buffalo is a CD I listen to often. It gets you back on the river even when you are not on the river.